Bookmarking Links in SSRS

Any tips and useful information you have relating to UNIT-e
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ryanfoster659
Forename: Ryan
Surname: Foster
College Name: Strode's
Position: Web/MIS Developer
LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rfoster8?tr ... tity-photo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Bookmarking Links in SSRS

Post by ryanfoster659 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:21 pm

A good and "user friendly" (easy/easier) way to shift through all those pages in a SSRS report is to use Bookmarks and link these throughout your report.

This is how I have done it for mine.

I have a table of contents on the first page that appears. In the blank table cell I have set a bookmark called Back (located in the properties pane on the right side under the Other group) and in the others I have an action going to my other bookmarks for the different data that is displayed within the report.
Untitled picture.png
Untitled picture.png (4.57 KiB) Viewed 1423 times
This will then jump to the page where this bookmark is and then you can have another one on that page to go Back to the main navigation table with all of the contents in. Below I have used a textbox as by bookmark.
Untitled picture2.png
Untitled picture2.png (3.95 KiB) Viewed 1423 times
You can even place it into the top of a table if you wish.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (2.15 KiB) Viewed 1423 times
Another little trick I like to use on rather big reports.

:D

robinwilson16
Site Admin
Forename: Robin
Surname: Wilson
College Name: FEA
Position: MIS Consultant
LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/robinwilson16
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Bookmarking Links in SSRS

Post by robinwilson16 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:28 am

Hello Ryan

Thanks this is a good tip and useful to give people the option to move up and down the report and again is not something I have used before although I have used hyperlinks to drilldowns where you can pass parameters backwards and forwards.

I will bear this in mind for future reports. Does it need to spend time re-loading the report or does it normally go straight to the page/section?

Thanks
Robin