How to Open My Report RDL Files

Any general or UNIT-e specific news
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
robinwilson16
Site Admin
Forename: Robin
Surname: Wilson
College Name: FEA
Position: MIS Consultant
LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/robinwilson16
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

How to Open My Report RDL Files

Post by robinwilson16 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:19 pm

Hello

I just had a question about how to open the RDL files I have shared and realised I had not explained what you need. :o

Firstly we normally develop on the latest version of Visual Studio which at the moment is Visual Studio 2015 (latest build available).

Once installed open Visual Studio 2015 and choose the Tools > Extensions and Updates menu. SQL Server tooling updates will appear in the Updates list.

At this point you probably need to reboot and login with whichever account you will use and the .RDL files should open.

Alternatively if all you want is the SQL then you can just open the .RDL file with notepad and copy/paste the SQL from in there (or ask me for it!).

Hope this helps. 8-)

Robin

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable