Staff Advantage - Today's Registers

For sharing any UNIT-e Workstation screens, Web II screens or Advantage II screens and other customisations
Tony Braithwaite
Forename: Tony
Surname: Braithwaite
College Name: Strode College
Position: Head of Funding & information Services

Staff Advantage - Today's Registers

Post by Tony Braithwaite » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:52 pm

Following an email on the JISC Unit-E site from Craig Dobson (Wilberforce Sixth Form College), in my reply I said I'll post up our XML and reports for a page to just show today's registers for a site. There are 2 XMLs (asf.home and asf.dash.todayreg) and a report ( in the attached zip file.

The report has some additional columns to determine the colour and text of the buttons on the asf.dash.todayreg page. We follow the ALPS thermometer colour coding here at Strode with Red being good (high temp) and Blue being bad (low temp) and grey somewhere in the middle. The Report compares the number of active students against the number of actual marks and if all are marked then the button will be red, if none are marked then its blue and if it's partially marked then the button is grey. Works for us.

Feel free to adapt to your own uses.

(268.94 KiB) Downloaded 51 times

Site Admin
Forename: Robin
Surname: Wilson
College Name: FEA
Position: MIS Consultant
LinkedIn Profile:

Re: Staff Advantage - Today's Registers

Post by robinwilson16 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:58 pm

Hello Tony

Thanks for posting this.
I have created a new II forum for topics like this but do people think it would be worth creating a separate Advantage forum?
I'm trying to create the right number of forums to keep things separated without getting carried away.

What you have developed sounds really interesting and I do want to try Staff Advantage again so will bear this in mind when trialling again.