About me - AKumar

Introduce yourself here after registering so people know which college you are from
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
akumar
Forename: Ashok
Surname: Kumar
College Name: Strode College
Position: Systems Development Officer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

About me - AKumar

Post by akumar » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:24 am

Hi,

I am Ashok kumar. I have been working in Strode college (MIS team) for almost 2 years as the Systems Development Officer. Prior to that, I was working as a SAP Consultant in one of the major ERP consulting company for 4 years. And previous to that, I was working as a .NET developer developing web applications.

I am quite enjoying the education sector compared to the commercial sector.

In strode, I have been working on the SSRS, SQL, C#.NET and the UNIT-e (Report generator, Online Services Customisation, Information Interface, Warehouse and bits of Advantage range of products).

My skillset includes SQL,SSRS, C#, .NET, HTML, CSS and SAP.

Thank you Robin for setting up the forum.

robinwilson16
Site Admin
Forename: Robin
Surname: Wilson
College Name: FEA
Position: MIS Consultant
LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/robinwilson16
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: About me - AKumar

Post by robinwilson16 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:11 pm

Hello Ashok

Thanks for signing up and introducing yourself.
Hope you find the forum useful.

We are hoping to roll out Staff Advantage at some point so it would be interesting to hear how you have customised it and what the feedback was.

Robin

akumar

Post by akumar » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:12 am

When we have launched Staff Advantage, we did tweak few bits like the dials to show the attendance % and the button colours.

We did receive multiple feedback
=> The screen which is built for the mobile version and the style does not change for the desktop.
=> On a busy day, the page times time to load.
=> Moving the save & back buttons on the bottom of the register screen rather than top.
=> Weekly timetable on the Home screen to adjust the size based on the items to display to reduce the manual scrolling.[/list]

It did not have any major issues until recently. We are facing a problem in the Registers and its very random. When the staff opens their registers, it sometimes does not populate all the students. The staff's then had to either go to previous page and come back to registers again or sometimes it will work after they log out and login.

After analysing we realised the page is running the report generator queries and it throws the time out exception. We do have 45 seconds as the time out in web.config and the DB query runs between 20 - 25 seconds. There are also multiple exceptions occurring on their inbuilt methods inside the Staff Advantage DLL. Capita is currently working on this issue.

robinwilson16
Site Admin

Post by robinwilson16 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:05 pm

Hello Ashok

Thanks for the feedback. It does sound like maybe I should hold off a bit longer before trialling it again with people in that case.
Are you running the latest version of UNIT-e (4.35)?
We did used to have issued with other parts of UNIT-e timing out but IT increased the memory/CPU on the server as well as some other changes and this is no longer an issue but I have not tested Staff Advantage again.

Thanks
Robin

akumar

Post by akumar » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:57 am

Hi Robin,

Currently the Staff advantage is running 4.34 but we will be updating it to 4.35 this week. These type of errors will come to light only when you start the user testing. May be your system configuration and set up is different and hopefully you wont have this issue.

Thanks,
Ashok

robinwilson16
Site Admin

Post by robinwilson16 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:44 am

Hello Ashok

Thanks that is true and hopefully we will not have the issue.

One campus here merge all the registers together and we found that a few people kept having issues trying to mark their registers using Attendance Grid and it was because there was too much data (the request was too large) so I had to edit the web.config file to allow for larger requests but took a while to figure out.

I wonder if the issue you are having could be something similar. When a request was exceeded I think the connection was just closed leading to either a crash or missing data.

Also we encountered a bug in 4.35 which I just posted here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=78
Not sure if it will affect you though.

Robin